Designed by Addison Mizner draftsman G. Sherman Childs, the house was built in 1925 along the Lake Worth waterfront, where 5th Avenue South meets the Intracoastal, just south of Bryant Park. It was the first property included on the Lake Worth Register of Historic Places. (Childs also designed the Lake Worth City Hall.)
Built by local banker Earl Reed for his wife, Florence in 1925, it didn’t earn its nickname until 1954, when he bought the house as a birthday gift for his wife, Margaret Fretter Nye.
In the 1980’s, an owner installed a stained-glass window reflecting the home’s nickname